Friday, September 30, 2011

Gearing up for the holiday season.

I think I will add an assortment of ball cookies to my shop this Christmas season. Rum balls, bourbon balls, chocolate rum balls. I would also like to find an assortment of cookies/bars that ship well and fit into a small flat rate box!

Here is a great Bourbon cookie recipe I found!


Bourbon Balls

Substitute the bourbon for rum and call these Rum Balls.
3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 75)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (about 4 ounces)
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup bourbon
1/4 cup light corn syrup
Powdered or granulated sugar 

Mix crushed wafers, powdered sugar, pecans and cocoa. Stir in bourbon and corn syrup. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Refrigerate in tightly covered container several days before serving. 


Servings: 60 

No comments:

Post a Comment