Monday, October 10, 2011

Spritz Cookies.

I just got into making spritz cookies.  Having found a cookie press at an antique shop on the cheap eons ago and losing it in the depths of my kitchen, I finally stumbled upon it again. So far I have made chocolate wafers for faux oreo cookies and peanut butter spritz cookies. I am looking for holiday themed cookies now to test out. So far I have come upon a pumpkin spritz cookie - but the reviews are mixed. Hopefully I can doctor the recipe up a bit, because I do love pumpkin!




Pumpkin Spritz cookie


1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
additional ground nutmeg
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter until creamy; beat in sugar and spices until well combined. Mix in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until well combined. Place into a cookie press and press out shapes onto an ungreased baking sheet (for best results use a silver-colored baking sheet, not the kind with a non-stick surface). Lightly sprinkle cookies with additional nutmeg. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set but not browned. Allow to cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment